Graduates need to be in Field House by 4:45 pm
- Receive your walk card from your school/college/division. The top card has your name on it and should be handed to the photographer before you cross the stage. The bottom card has your name on it and a number. The number indicates the order in which you should line-up.
Once everyone is lined-up, we will begin the processional at 5:45 pm
- Hold on to your walk card. Tassels on the right. Honor cords on the left.
- Each school will be led by their school’s faculty marshal. Follow your faculty marshal to the center seating area in the Joyce Center, go to your seat, and remain standing.
- You will be told when to sit.
Processional begins at 5:45 p.m.
- Graduates invited to the stage to receive congratulatory recognition and their diploma covers.
- Proceed one row at a time to the stage. Access to the stage will be by the steps on the right (as you face the stage).
- Give the top walk card to the photographer who takes your picture before you walk across the stage.
- Walk up the steps and give your bottom walk card to the announcer.
- Wait until the announcer reads your name, then proceed across the stage. Your school Dean will congratulate you. Chancellor Susan Elrod will congratulate you.
- As you descend the steps on the left side, you will pause momentarily for a photo.
- Return to your seat and remain standing. Don’t sit until your entire row has returned.
Diploma covers presented during the ceremony will not contain actual diplomas. December graduates should have already received their diplomas. The actual diplomas for May, June, and August graduates should be available approximately six weeks after you have been certified for graduation. Spring and summer graduates will be notified via email by the Registrar’s office when your diplomas have arrived.
All graduates need to return their gown to university personnel in the Field House immediately following commencement.
Remind your guests about proper crowd etiquette. Please ask them to remain in their seats until the commencement ceremony ends and, if they must go to out to the foyer, that they remain quiet. Thanks!